Hong Kong's Top Story is accepting entries until November 10.
A picture is worth a thousand words
Radio 3’s annual writing competition is back! This year we are partnering with Hong Kong Free Press and PEN Hong Kong to bring you Hong Kong’s Top Story 2017. We’re accepting entries until November 10.
Look for inspiration in the picture, as shown above, by legendary photographer Fan Ho, and write a story of not more than 2,000 words.
Send it to email@example.com.
You could win book prizes, dining vouchers, and a consultation with a Hong Kong-based author.
****(Please click here to see the detail of the picture) ****
Terms and Conditions
1. All submitted stories must:
• be inspired by this picture by renowned Hong Kong photographer Fan Ho and be written in English by Hong Kong residents.
• be an original, previously unpublished work written by the participant.
• be not more than 2,000 words.
• not defame any living person, corporate body, infringe or breach any rights of copyright.
2. Participants can email their story to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to PO BOX 70200 Kowloon with their personal details such as their full name, age and contact methods.
3. Participants can submit more than one story.
4. By submitting an entry, participants agree to the publication/broadcast of their work by RTHK, Hong Kong Free Press and PEN Hong Kong.
5. All personal data provided will be used for the competition only and will be destroyed within one month after the official presentation of prizes to the winners.
6. The judges’ decision is final.
7. The competition is not open to RTHK, Hong Kong Free Press, PEN Hong Kong employees or their immediate family members.
8. Winners will be announced in December 2017.
Junior: Hong Kong residents aged 12-17
Adult: Hong Kong residents aged 18 or above
• 20 books selected by Pan Macmillan
• Dining vouchers by Lan Kwai Fong Group HK$1,800
• One-hour consultation session with Hong Kong based author
• A copy of “Portrait of Hong Kong” by Fan Ho
• 15 books selected by Pan Macmillan
• Dining vouchers by Lan Kwai Fong Group HK$1,200
• 10 books selected by Pan Macmillan
• Dining vouchers by Lan Kwai Fong Group HK$1,000
Most Creative Awards:
• 5 books selected by Pan Macmillan
• Dining vouchers by Lan Kwai Fong Group HK$800
Judges: Will be from RTHK , PEN Hong Kong
Deadline: 10 November 2017